CZU Lightning Complex Fire Crop Damage Assistance

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) California Farm Service Agency provides assistance to help farmers and ranchers recover from natural disasters, such as wildfires. USDA's Farm Service Agency has more information on their Disaster Assistance Programs webpage.  

ELAP - Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Program compensates producers for a percentage of the pasture or forage loss on private lands due to natural disasters.  Payments are subject to a national payment factor.  Report losses within 30 days. Complete applications are due 30 days after the end of the calendar year.

Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP): Compensates producers for livestock death due to natural disasters. Compensation is based on roughly 75% of the national average price of the livestock by type and age.  Report losses within 30 days.  Complete applications are due 60 days after the end of the calendar year.

Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP): Provides compensation to producers who grow uninsurable crops and have purchased NAP coverage by the crop signup dates.

Tree Assistance Program (TAP) : Provides financial assistance to replant or rehabilitate eligible trees, bushes and vines damaged by natural disasters.  Forests are not eligible.

Here is the contact information for San Mateo's Farm Service Agency:

COVID-19 Info
Back to Top